The Lynn Herrick Sharp Award
In September 2009 Lynn Herrick Sharp established an award in support of our Fine Art program. The $2,500 award goes to a student who is in the final stages of pursuing a Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree at the University of Delaware. This award is intended to help the recipient produce and document their work for the Bachelor of Fine Art Exhibition. The application process is announced in the spring each year.
Financial Aid & The Calloway Scholarship
All art applicants offered acceptance to the Department at the University are considered for specific art scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $6,000 per year. The criteria for the Calloway Scholarship funds are:
- Academic merit, as determined by the various aspects of the admissions process with more than half of the accepted art majors qualifying for academic merit.
- Artistic talent, which is determined by the ranking from the Department Portfolio Review Committee
- Financial need, as determined by the FAFSA process
All undergraduate financial aid and scholarship programs are managed and decided by the Office of Student Financial Services.
Financial Aid and the Wieden+Kennedy Visual Communications Scholarship
As a result of a generous gift of the international award-winning creative advertising agency Wieden+Kennedy, the Department of Art & Design is pleased to offer the Wieden+Kennedy Visual Communications Scholarship, a 4-year tuition scholarship at the UD Department of Art and Design.
The scholarship will be offered to an undergraduate student enrolled in the Visual Communications program and awarded based on the recommendation of the Department of Art and Design Visual Communications program. The selected recipient will be from an underrepresented population and will be a resident of the state of Delaware. The scholarship will award tuition totaling $60,000 over the recipient's 4-year enrollment. In addition, for a student engaging in a 4-year degree starting next year, that student would have 3 summer internship opportunities with Wieden and the opportunity of a job with W+K at the end of the 4th year.
Selection Process & Criteria:
- The Department of Art & Design will coordinate with Admissions only to review for potential selections those applicants who:
- Are identified by Admissions as being from underrepresented populations; and
- Are residents of the state of Delaware;
- Once applicants are identified who meet the above pre-qualifications, Visual Communications faculty will solicit and review the portfolios, statements of intent, letters of recommendation, and transcripts of those applicants thus identified to determine the aesthetic and conceptual merit of the applicants and—to the extent possible—their interest and capabilities to excel in the field (personal interviews may also be conducted);
- Materials submitted will be reviewed holistically when making a determination of applicants' potential for success;
- Students will be mentored throughout their four years of study to help facilitate their success in in the program.
To request information on how to apply for this scholarship, please email Greg Shelnutt, Chair of the UD Department of Art and Design and Cindy Delaney, BA for the Department of Art & Design. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.